Monday 18 April 2011

WEEK 6 MONTE CARLO - THE STORY IN PICTURES

Spectators June Mayes & Jenny Gray

SPECTATORS AND INJURED STAR
Female fan June Mayes with injured BSTC player Jenny Gray watching the action as it unfolded.
Jenny Gray "I was down here tonight scouting my future opponents and feel fairly confident after seeing what i just saw, I'm a week away from being ready and i just can not wait"

Ahmed Ibrahim

HOPEFUL AND CONFIDENT
Ahmed Ibrahim confident he can now go on to great things after a hard days tennis.
"I enjoyed it, I'm learning, It's great being on the tour, obviously i have a long way to go, but i really feel as if i have learnt alot over the last two weeks"

Ian Raftery

SAD AND DEJECTED
It was a sad day for the BSTC tennis star Ian Raftery after losing his world number two position falling to number three.
"I'm gutted, just gutted!" said teary eyed Ian Raftery

Eamonn Martin Snr

WANTS MORE COURT TIME
After failing to live up to last weeks hope of gaining more points, Eamonn Martin Snr blamed this due to not playing enough.
"I cant help but know that not playing last week cost me big time! It's something i have to look at, i was so happy last week picking up my first 5 points and i have let myself, my fans and family down, this wont be repeated!" Eamonn Martin said.

Daniel Mayes

VAMOS DANIEL MAYES
Daniel Mayes after capturing all 5 points from world number one Simon Hardie winning 6 - 4 in what will be a match always remembered.
"Simon couldn't handle me tonight, i have studied his game, i know our rivalry is now over, I'm far too strong a player to be worried by him now!" Daniel Mayes

Simon Hardie

FALLING CHAMPION
Simon Hardie walks away from this weeks championship teary eyed after a very bad week from him that know one expected, only picking up 6 points out of 15.
"Bad week, cant believe it, I'm unfit and definitely wasn't ready for tonight, Luke and Daniel Mayes played me and beat me good and proper! i just cant believe it!" Simon Hardie

Eamonn Martin Monte Carlo Week 6 Winner

A GRATEFUL CHAMPION
Eamonn Martin Jnr collected his well earned BSTC trophy after playing near perfect tennis and recapturing his previously earned praise.
"I begged the BSTC board to let me play, i let them down earlier in the week stating that i couldn't play but late Saturday night i thought i could do this and changed my mind, I'm so grateful to the board for letting me play! thank you!" a happy young Eamonn martin said.

No comments:

Post a Comment